Traceable. Sustainable. Responsible.
These are more than just words on our menu – it’s our promise that all of the seafood we serve is sourced to the highest standards. Because, as one of the world’s largest seafood purchasers, we believe it’s our responsibility to protect and preserve our oceans and marine life for generations to come.
- Traceable – all our seafood is 100% traceable to a known and trusted source
- We build face-to-face relationships with long-term suppliers around the world
- We send our buyers and inspectors directly to the source to spend time with our suppliers, ensuring only the best seafood makes it to our restaurants
- Sustainable – we only source from trusted suppliers who follow industry best practices
- Responsible – we support and follow Total Allowable Catch (TAC) and other regulatory efforts that manage fish populations, such as fishing quotas, and we avoid serving at-risk species
A Lifelong Commitment
Doing things the right way since 1968.
Red Lobster has been committed to seafood sustainability since we first opened our doors in 1968. As a founding member of the Global Aquaculture Alliance (GAA) in 1997, we helped establish guidelines for best practices and aquaculture certifications. We’re also proud to have spent decades building trusting, personal relationships with suppliers who share our values.
The Story Behind Our Seafood
Learn more about the different types of seafood we serve.
Lobster is what we do, and we do it with pride. Whether it’s Maine, Norway, Rock or Langostino, our lobster is always wild-caught by trusted fishermen, many of whom have provided us with lobster for generations.
Every crab we serve is wild-caught. We may serve Snow and King Crab year-round, but we only work with suppliers who strictly adhere to crab harvesting seasons and follow catch quotas to help maintain healthy crab populations.
Whether wild-caught or farm-raised, all our shrimp is held to the highest standards. We know, because we helped set the standards as a founding member of the Global Aquaculture Alliance (GAA).
Always fresh, never frozen. That’s the only kind of fish you’ll find on our Today’s Fresh Fish menu, which includes a variety of popular selections like Salmon and regional favorites that rotate based on availability.
Traceable, Sustainable, Responsible Sourcing
Wild-Caught + Farm-Raised Seafood
- Why Wild-Caught? Catching in the wild provides a variety of great seafood. We strive to work with fishermen who share our commitment to sustainability, ensuring that wild fish and shellfish populations remain healthy and thriving.
- Why Farm-Raised?
Responsible farming allows us to provide high-quality seafood year-round. A mindful combination of wild-caught and farm-raised seafood helps avoid depleting wild populations to keep marine ecosystems healthy.
- Not all fisheries are equal. We only work with suppliers who source from well-managed fisheries that minimize impact on marine habitats and other wildlife
- Our suppliers understand their role in protecting sensitive habitats such as mangrove forests and wetlands
- We work with third-party certifications to carefully monitor water quality near aquaculture sites to prevent pollution
- Our seafood inspectors work tirelessly around the globe, carefully checking water cleanliness, seafood quality and safety practices
Don't worry, there is an easy fix. All you have to do is click one of the icons below and follow the instructions. You'l be enjoying the new RedLobster.com before you know it.