ORLANDO, Fla. – Red Lobster bakes and serves more than 395 million of its famous Cheddar Bay Biscuits every year. The ever-popular cheese biscuits — made from scratch and baked fresh every 15 minutes — are a staple on the restaurant’s menu. Here are some fun factoids about the ultimate comfort food:
From Times Square to Shanghai
- 395 million cheese biscuits would stretch a whopping 15,585 miles, or the distance of a trip from our New York restaurant in Times Square all the way to Shanghai, China — and back!
That’s how many biscuits a day?
- We serve almost 1.1 million biscuits every day.
Sorry, it’s a secret
- The recipe for our craveable biscuit is secret, but that hasn’t stopped home cooks and cookbook authors from trying to re-create them. “Recipes” have even been offered on eBay. Of course, we will share a couple of well-kept secrets for making our much-loved biscuit: do not over knead the dough and make sure you use baking soda as one of the ingredients.
Photo cutline: Red Lobster serves almost 1.1 million of their famous Cheddar Bay Biscuits every day.
Credit: Red Lobster
Biscuits are versatile
- Enjoy them for breakfast, lunch, dinner — or even dessert! Mix in cinnamon, sugar and raisins for a touch of sweetness, fresh or dried herbs for a savory creation. Wrap a hot dog or Italian sausage and bake for a quick meal. Serve with berries and whipped cream for a shortcake-like dessert.
Want more crunch?
- Brush melted butter or heavy cream on top before baking for a more golden or crispy crust.
For a restaurant nearest you, call 1-800-562-7837 or use our restaurant locator
# # #