Instilled with the smoky essence of the grill, this salmon and asparagus combo will melt in your mouth. The vinaigrette adds a tart, sweet touch for piquant perfection.
- 4 eight- to ten-ounce pieces of fresh salmon fillets, skinless
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- McCormick's Season All
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus spears, medium size
- Sun-dried tomato basil vinaigrette (recipe below)
- 4 portions of your favorite savory rice recipe (Red Lobster suggests a wild/white rice blend)
- Lightly brush both sides of fillets with oil and season with McCormick's Season All.
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat and grill fish for 4-5 minutes until well marked.
- Turn fish over and continue grilling another 5-6 minutes or until your fresh fish preference is reached.
- Measuring from the tip, cut stems off about 5" down. Discard stems.
- Toss asparagus in 3 tbsp. oil; add salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill asparagus for about 1 minute, then roll and grill another minute or until tender.
Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Vinaigrette (Yield: 8 ounces)
- 6 ounces canola oil
- 2 ounces red wine vinegar
- 2 ounces sun-dried tomatoes in oil, finely chopped
- ˝ cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp. red onion, diced
- 1 tsp. fresh garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, mix canola oil, red wine vinegar, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh basil, red onions and garlic.
- Using a wire whip, mix ingredients until incorporated.
- Whip in salt and pepper to taste and warm slightly.
When serving, place a heaping portion of rice on the center on a large dinner plate. Place fish leaning on half of the rice. Place asparagus next to fish and rice. Pick two pieces of asparagus and criss-cross over fish. Spoon two ounces of warm vinaigrette over fish. Serve with a lemon wedge.
Chardonnay, Kendall Jackson Vintner's Reserve